Timeframe: October 15, 2019 at 5 PM through October 18th at 8 AM.
Venue: H. J. Andrews Experimental Forest
Participants: This is our second annual meeting. We anticipate a group of 25-30 individuals, including the PIs and Co-PIs of the project.
The ultimate goal of UFERN is to help improve field learning experiences for all undergraduates by working together to better understand outcomes and how these relate to features of our programs and to characteristics of our students. In so doing, we will advance the scholarship of field- and place-based learning.
At the second annual UFERN network meeting, we will work together to:
- Reinvigorate UFERN with clear direction and enthusiasm.
- Support current and identify new UFERN project groups with clear direction, leadership, and products on which to collaborate.
- Define next steps for involving a broad network of undergraduate field programs in common assessment of student outcomes distinctive to field learning and members to lead this work.
- Develop a research agenda about undergraduate field learning experiences.
- Support participants to form positive connections with each other, see the value of the network and leave motivated to remain engaged participants of the network.
Application for funding to attend – due August 1, 2019.